- This feature is available since Strawberry 6.4.15
- Log into the Administration panel and click on the
- Expand the
Custom Project Metadatabar
- Click on the Metadata Set that you want to populate with a number generator
- Once the set is expanded, click on the
Add Itembutton located below the set
- Name: The name of the number generator field as the user will see it (for example “Campaign ID”)
- Type: Number Generator
- Generator: The pattern which is used to generate the numbers. See examples below.
- Use in Project String: Defines if the output from this number generator will appear in the project name if the user enables the checkbox “Create Project Name from Metadata” upon project creation.
#SEQ6 generates a 6-digit sequential number.
#RAN6 generates a 6-digit random number. You may prefix or suffix the number with any custom string and delimiter. The generated number must have at least 4 digits and not more than 12 digits.
Example 1: An 8-digit random number.
Example 2: An 8 -digit random number with a custom “ABC” prefix and an underscore between the prefix and the number.
Example 3: An 8 -digit random number with a custom “ABC” prefix, an “XYZ” suffix and underscores between the prefix/suffix and the number.
Example 4: A 5-digit sequential number with a custom “ABC” prefix and a hyphen between the prefix and the number.
Need more help with this?
Visit the Projective Support Websites