Replacement Patterns enable you to automatically create date values based on Unix date modifiers. Click here to see the List of supported modifiers.
- Log into the Administration panel and click on the “Projects” tab
- Expand the “Custom Project Metadata” bar
- Click on the Metadata Set that you want to populate with a replacement pattern
- Once the set is expanded, click on the “Add Item” button located below the set
- Name: The name of the pattern field as the user will see it (for example “Date”)
- Type: Replacement Pattern
- Maximum Characters: Not relevant for text replacement pattern
- Restrict input to: Not relevant for text replacement pattern
- Pattern: A pattern consisting of Unix modifiers. A pattern such as e.g. “Y / m% / %d” equals “year / month / date”
- Mandatory: Not relevant for text replacement pattern
- Use in Project String: Defines if the output from this pattern will appear in the project name if the users enable the checkbox “Create Project Name from Metadata” upon project creation.
Press “Confirm” when done.
Need more help with this?
Visit the Projective Support Websites