This page is to officially inform you that Projective will put Strawberry’s “Classic Mode” (CM) end-of-life (EOL) by December 31st, 2022. Strawberry server, client, and Adobe panel versions released after the EOL date will no longer be capable of operating in this mode and we will no longer release bug fixes for it.
Customers who are currently under support & still run Strawberry in CM can switch to the new, more feature-rich “Shared Edits Mode” (SEM) without additional cost.
Please make sure to contact us in a timely manner so that the transition can be planned & completed by the end of 2022! If you are unsure which collaboration mode is currently active on your Strawberry server, please check out the related support page for help. If your system is already running SEM, no further action is required on your end.
The Benefits of the Shared Edits Mode
SEM enables a range of advanced collaboration features while being more flexible than CM.
- Multiple editors can open the same Strawberry project at the same time to work on it together.
- SEM supports advanced NLE collaboration features such as “Adobe project locking”, “Adobe Productions” and “Avid bin locking”, enabling editors to collaborate on content in real-time.
- Subprojects are still supported by SEM but can be turned off if preferred.
- Multiple projects can be opened side by side without having to “chain” them together in a parent-subproject relationship.
- Operations such as opening and closing projects always happen in an instant, regardless of the number of media files in them.
Migrating from CM to SEM
Dozens of customers have already been migrated from CM to SEM and in most cases, the process is straightforward. As usual, every customer environment is a bit different and we would like to have a discussion with you about potential impacts on workflows and third-party integrations. Please contact our support team to set up a call to understand how to switch to SEM in your environment.
Need more help with this?
Visit the Projective Support Websites