You can share data with the users of the system by sharing a file system, a file set, or an existing directory. You can create, edit, or delete shares from the system.
You can create both NFS and SMB export, if the corresponding protocol is enabled for the system. You can also share data by using different protocols. However, when writing data with different protocols, there might be some limitations.
You can configure the following security features that are available with the GPFS™ file system and SMB 3 from the management GUI:
- Data synchronization with the disk
- Data integrity at the application level by using algorithms
- SMB data encryption
- Share modes to restrict multi-protocol access on the same file at the same time
- Hide unreadable files from the clients based on the access privileges
- Using POSIX locking to issue a byte-range lock to an SMB client to grant access to data
Click Create Share to create a new share. You can either create a share with only the basic details or use the Custom mode in the Create Share dialog to customize the attributes based on the requirements. Use the Share Copy option that is available in the Action menu to create a new share by copying the attributes selected for an existing share. It helps the users to save time while creating new shares.
Need more help with this?
Visit the Projective Support Websites